This wiki should be considered unmaintained and deprecated, though some information may still be relevant. Please instead refer to Lubuntu.me.
Open the Lubuntu menu and go to Preferences > Language Support. You will be asked to completely install language support, do so. (You need your administration password for this — typically this is the password you created when you installed Lubuntu). This only ever needs doing once.
- Click on the ‘Install / Remove Languages’ button to pull up the list of available languages
- Click on the box to right of the language(s) you want to add to put a tick in the box (you can add more than one language pack if you wish, see note).
- Click on the ‘Apply Changes’ button. (You can then 'Click and Drag' the languages into your desired order).
- Click on the ‘Apply System-Wide’ button.
More translators wanted, if you’d like to help please join the team.
Date and currency formats
- Click on the Text tag and select the layout you want.
- Click on the ‘Apply System-Wide’ button
If you want more than one language available on the keyboard, here is what to do: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1455877