Based on the lightweight LXDE desktop environment.
Pcmanfm 0.9.8, a fast and lightweight file manager using gio/gvfs.
- Lxdm, a lightweight GTK display manager.
- Chromium, the open-source version of Google Chrome.
- ... and, of course, based on Ubuntu 11.04
See the complete list of applications on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Applications
Improvements since Lubuntu 10.10
- New automatic way to build the ISO (thanks Jonathan Marsden)
- Modifications to the applications by default :
- Switch from aqualung to audacious for the music player.
- Switch from xarchiver to file-roller for the archives.
- Switch from cheese to guvcview for using webcams.
- New added applications by default :
- Various documentations
- Lubuntu is now HAL free (thanks Xubuntu dev)
- New theme made by Raphael Laguna
- Lxrandr (Monitor settings) is able to save the configuration. Check
the .desktop in ~.config/autostart/lxrandr-autostart.desktop
- Lxappearance is able to configure the font (antialiasing) and openbox
- You are now able to call directly obconf to configure the number of
workspaces, on workspace applet.
- Installer (ubiquity) support installation of Lubuntu and autologin
configuration at install time includes in Ubuntu official repository.
- Icons on the desktop are now movable.
- Fake transparency is available again.
- Lubuntu use now Ubuntu font by default.
- New Lubuntu text plymouth theme.
- Menus are now correctly translated.
- Menus have now an Administration and a Preference sub-menus.
- You can now change the layout on a Lubuntu session with lxkeymap
(directly, or launched by lxinput).
- Updated installer, with new layout and screenshots.
- Fix a critical crash on qemu / kvm (thanks Fedora)
- Translations up-to-date with LXDE git.
- Up-to-date LXDE and pcmanfm.
Releases notes and known issues
The release notes, with a list of known problems are available on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ReleaseNotes/NattyNarwhal
You can find information on how to report bug on this wiki page : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ReportingBugs
I would like to thank all people involved in the development of Lubuntu during this past 6 months : LXDE developpers, people helping on IRC, testing and reporting bugs, making documentation and artwork ... It was a pleasure to work with you.
Website : http://lubuntu.net/
Documentation : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu
LXDE website : http://lxde.org/