Gwget is a gnome frontend for the popular downloading application wget. gwget also has firefox integration with the help of the firefox extension FireGet. Gwget also integrates with the panel tray, so closing it will move the program to the notification area.
How to install
Make sure you have packages from universe enabled in your repositories. Then install the gwget package. Or you can install from the terminal using sudo apt-get install gwget
You need Ubuntu 11.04 or older to install this software from the official repositories.
If you use Firefox, you can get FireGet to enable the context menu which enables you to download the link or download directories recursively.
Uget (formerly urlgfe) is a Free and Open Source download manager written in GTK+ , it has many of features like easy-to-use , cross-platform (Windows & GNU/Linux) , support pause and resume , classify download , every category has an independent configuration , and more ...
- Free (as in freedom , also free of charge ) and Open Source .
- Simple , easy-to-use and lightweight .
- Support resume download , so if your connction lost you don’t need to start from first .
- Classify downloads , and every category has independent configuration and queue .
- Queue download .
- Integrate with Firefox through Flashgot plugin .
- Monitoring clipboard .
- Import downloads from HTML file .
- Batch download , you can download many files has same arrange , like file_1 file_2 …. file_20 , you don’t need to add all links , just one link and changeable character .
- Can be used from command line .
How to install
flareGet is an advanced multi-threaded and multisegment download manager written in Qt. It is a full featured download manager, having lots of features. Browser integration for firefox is supported through flashgot.
- It is an extremely fast download manager
- It uses a robust Dynamic file segmentation algorithm to speed up the download
- HTTP-Pipelining: In addition to dynamic file segmentation, each segment is further accelerated upto six times
- Smart Segments : When one segment ends, it starts another segment to help terminate another segment more fast
- It supports upto 32 segments per download
- Add or remove download segments dynamically
- Automatic retry when a segment or download fails
- Resume support for broken/paused downloads
- Clipboard Monitoring
- Queue the downloads to download them later
- Limits the number of simultaneous downloads, when one download ends, it starts another automatically
- Multi-protocol support
- Intelligent file management
- Video download from most of the sites is supported through Flashgot addon