This page will just give you a guide to connect to internet with a GPRS connection using data cable and GPRS enabled Hand Set.
All you need is a GPRS enabled handset and a GPRS connection
- 1) Connect your GPRS enabled mobile handset with your computer with data cable
2) Open Terminal [Application's --> Accesories --> Terminal] 3) Type sudo wvdialconf
- This will scan for usb modems connected to your system.
The modem configuration will be stored in the following file
5) You should edit the above file to change the configuration like username, passwrod etc.
To edit this file type sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf This will open a file having content like the following
- For example my file will be like this.
[Note : Dont forget to remove the semicolons at the front of Phone number, user name and password.]
6) Save the file and close it.
To dial up your connection just open terminal and type wvdial
This will give a output like the following
You should not close that terminal untill you wanted to be connected.
To disconnect just close that terminal.
DIAL AT START UP
You can automate the dialup process, so that you wont have to dial each time.
To do this just make a entry in startup.
1) Go to System --> Preferences --> Sessions
This will open a screen like this.
2) Click ADD
3) Enter details as below
4) Click OK
The screen will be as follwing