gxmms is a simple GNOME panel applet that lets you control the basic functions of XMMS or Beep Media Player.
- Scrollable track time progress bar
- Volume control with mouse scrollwheel
- Buttons: Previous track - Play / Pause - Stop - Next track - Eject
- Real-time tooltips with track title and time
- Control repeat and shuffle properties
- Show/Hide main window, playlist editor, graphical eq and more
- Internazionalization (i18n)
gxmms is availible in the universe for breezy:
sudo apt-get install gxmms
See below for a manual install.
wget -c http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/gxmms/gxmms-0.3.0.tar.gz
configure and compile it
./configure [--with-xmms | --with-bmp] --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib/gnome-applets
Note the new --with-xmms and --with-bmp arguments which have been added in version 0.3.0. It is needed to specify one of them, but not both. These new arguments allow the creation of specific applets for XMMS and BMP (both can be installed in the system).
sudo make install
or to install it via a deb file (CheckInstall)
Please, note that this is not a normal executable, so it must be launched from GNOME panels menus.