- Lucid LiveCD boots fine without any specific boot parameters.
- Lucid runs much faster out of the box than Karmic
- Touchpad seems to work better
- Resolution is incorrect (not 1280x800) with default binary hardware drivers.
- Download the latest binary driver from the nvidia website and
- External displays work with Nvidia's 'x server settings' tool (under the system/administration menu).
- Speaker works with Alsa version 1.0.22 (the version you get when you update Lucid), by adding the following line at the end of /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf:
- options snd-hda-intel model=mb5
Speaker works with Alsa version 1.0.23. The instructions to install are found there: http://monespaceperso.org/blog-en/2010/05/02/upgrade-alsa-1-0-23-on-ubuntu-lucid-lynx-10-04/ Line-out works after adding the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf:
- options snd-hda-intel model=mba21
- Be sure to set the volume in the alsamixer
- Start 'alsamixer' on a commandline and make sure no channel is muted (press 'M') and navigate with the keys. Set the volume with the keys as well.
- Microphone (still) doesn't work
- Works without modification
- Volume works
Display brightness and keyboard backlight work (incl. auto-adjust), but requires you to add the Mactel PPA and install pommed and additional packages from there. Reboot after installation/upgrade.
- Works (both wifi-G and wifi-N)