This document belongs to Manual Full System Encryption (with Extras): Detailed Process.
You will download and run the script (application) that will:
- Prepare your partitions for the installer
- Run the installer
- Fix problems created by the installer
2. Download the application
Open the terminal (Ctrl+T, or use the menu).
- Copy-and-paste the following command to download the application. Warning: This looks like two lines because of the documentation formatting, but it's in fact just one line. Copy the entire thing and paste it into your terminal.
sudo wget --no-verbose --output-document=/usr/local/sbin/encryptinstallation https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmqnzqs1bbp6dm9/encryptinstallation?dl=1
- Copy-and-paste the following command to enable the application to run.
sudo chmod +x /usr/local/sbin/encryptinstallation
3. Run the application
In a moment, you will start the application. When you do so:
- It will ask you some questions.
- It will prepare your system for the Installer.
- It will start the Installer.
When it starts the Installer, you will need to open the instructions (I'll remind you).
Still in the terminal, enter this command:
Answer the questions, and when the Installer starts, open the instructions.