Kubuntu 10.10 to 11.04 Upgrade
Upgrade to Kubuntu 11.04
1) Click on the upgrade notification "Start upgrade now"
Or open Software Management in System Settings and go to Software Upgrades
Upgrade to 11.04 with an alternate CD:
This is only if you do not have an internet connection to upgrade with.
1) Insert the alternate CD, open it in a new window, open the Run Command dialog by pressing Alt+F2. Type kdesudo "/media/cdrom/cdromupgrade" in the command box and press the return button.
2) Enter your password
3) Review the release notes
3) The upgrade tool will start
4) It will confirm if you want to start the upgrade
5) It will download and install the new release, have some coffee
6) It may ask about conf file changes, click Replace to upgrade
7) It will ask to confirm removing obsolete packages, click Remove.
8) The last step of the entire process is to go ahead and reboot your machine.