This page describes the design goals for mocking NetworkManager.
This intends to be a comprehensive list of test cases that should drive the design of NetworkManager.
- Ethernet device, disconnected.
- Ethernet device, connected.
- Wifi device present, no acceess points
- Ethernet + Wifi devices present, eth disconnected and wifi with no access points.
Two WiFi devices present, with some access points each.
- Wifi device with one open access point
- Wifi device with one WEP encrypted access point
- Wifi device with one WPA/WPA2 encrypted access point
- Wifi device with several access points present, different strengths, SSIDs and different encryption methods (open, WPA/WPA2).
- Wifi device with several (10 or more) access points present, different strenghts, same SSIDs and same security settings.
- Wifi device with several accesss points, with two group of 10 APs with same SSID/encryption and another 5 with random settings.