Kubuntu 12.04 LTS to 12.10 Upgrade
You will need to:
- set release upgrades to be for normal releases instead of LTS releases
- run the release upgrade tool
Upgrade to Kubuntu 12.10
1) Run Muon Software Centre
2) Select Settings -> Configure Software Sources
3) Under Updates set Release upgrade to normal and click Close
4) Start Muon Update Manager, you will be notified for updates.
4) You will be prompted for an upgrade, click the gear icon in the systray.
5) Enter your password
6) The upgrade tool will start
7) It will confirm if you want to start the upgrade
8) It will download and install the new release, have some coffee
9) It may ask about conf file changes, click Replace to upgrade
10) It will ask to confirm removing obsolete packages, click Remove.
11) The last step of the entire process is to go ahead and reboot your machine.
Welcome to Kubuntu 12.10
If everything went smoothly after the upgrade and the reboot, your desktop should look like the following: