Kubuntu 12.10 to 13.04 Upgrade
You will need to:
- Ensure 12.10 is updated.
- Run the release upgrade tool.
Ensure 12.10 is Updated
1) Run Muon Update Manager.
2) Select Install Updates.
3) Start Muon Update Manager, you will be notified for updates.
3) You will be prompted for an upgrade, click the gear icon in the systray.
4) Enter your password.
5) The upgrade tool will start.
If you do not get the above window, and instead get a message about "No Update found" you can force an upgrade by pressing Alt-F2 and run do-release-upgrade -d.
6) Confirm that you want to start the upgrade.
7) It will download and install the new release; have some coffee.
8) The last step of the entire process is to reboot your machine.
Welcome to Kubuntu 13.04
If everything went smoothly after the upgrade and the reboot, your desktop should look like the following: