All essential features of Samsung Series 9 laptops work out of the box on Ubuntu 14.04.
Full (works out of the box)
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Audio (including microphone)
- HDMI out
- SD card
- Ambient light sensor
Wireless Display (WiDi) technology
- Intel Rapid Start Technology
- LED does not light up when muting the sound by pressing Fn+F6.
- Laptop does not resume on Lid open. Need to press the power button to resume from suspend.
- Screen brightness resets to 100% on reboot.
In Ubuntu 14.04 work out of the box: screen backlight, sound control, keyboard backlight. Doesn't work: Wifi, silent mode.
Instruction for former issues on pre 14.04 can be found here.
Suspend on lid close
Battery status works since 14.04. (lauchpad 971061)
Keyboard backlight seems to only work when Ubuntu is not running in UEFI mode. This bug was submitted to track the problem.
Pointer movement, left- and right- clicking and two-finger scrolling are fully supported. Touchpad options are available in System Settings > Mouse and Touchpad.