- installed by default in Ubuntu
- installed by default in Kubuntu
- installed by default in Edubuntu
- Main (officially supported) Ubuntu repository, not installed by default
- Universe (community maintained) repository
- Multiverse (non-free) repository
Those installed by default are in Main (officially supported) Ubuntu repository. For information about the Ubuntu repositories see Repositories. Clicking on the icon next a program should take you to information about the Ubuntu package.
Debian-med - A set of metapackages that Ubuntu inherits from Debian for medical practice and research.
dcm4chee - A robust DICOM image and PACS server that runs within the JBoss (Java) Application Server framework.
Aeskulap - A medical image viewer.
kradview - DICOM viewer.
openDICOM.NET - DICOM imaging software.
GNUmed - Medical practice software.
OpenClinica - A web-based Clinical Data Management Software (CDMS) platform for managing multi-site clinical research studies.