- Audio [ works out of box ]
- Video (without desktop effects)[ works out of box ]
- USB [ works out of box ]
- Wireless Networking [ works out of box, though many reports of seemingly randomly dropped signal due to poor Athelon driver]
- Wired Networking [ works out of box ]
- Webcam [ works out of box ]
- Suspend/Resume [ works out of box ]
Hibernate [ WiFi sometimes disabled after Hibernate ]
Card Readers: [ Patch now available for non-functional card readers Bug #530277 or with kernel 2.6.37 ]
Fn F2 key does not turn off wifi: Some solutions here.
Microphone not working: You need to install pavucontrol.
Power manager sometimes incorrectly detects critically low battery power and invokes the action that has been configured under power management preferences. With default settings this makes the machine go into Hibernate when there is still plenty of battery power left. Workaround is to set is to use gconf-editor to set <gnome-power-manager/actions/critical_battery> to "nothing". You will still get a warning when the battery level is critical, but you can choose to ignore it.
Update: Updating the BIOS from 1.08 to 1.25 solved this problem. The update is available from the acer website, although I could only find it after I'd first registered my netbook. It can be installed without problem from a bootable FreeDOS memory stick.